Wednesday 7 May 2014

12 Ways to Get the Life You Want

I’ve spent the better part of my adult life striving for “something better.” I’m sort of ashamed to admit it, but in my not-so-distant past, I finally asked myself what that something better was and if I would ever achieve it. After 42 years, I finally realized my something better is leaving this world a little better than I found it by raising two great daughters and working for causes and people I believe in. Here are 12 ways to help you figure out how to get the life you want and were meant to have:
1. Cut out all the busy work.  Focus only on things that matter. So many things that seem to be essential may actually be time and energy wasting. I suggest reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.

2. Pray about it. Prayer and meditation can be the solution you’ve been looking past in times when you feel overwhelmed or lost about what steps to take.

3. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power. If you want to accomplish a certain goal, find out all you can. Try researching others who have accomplished a similar goal and find out all of the necessary information about what you want to do.

4. Be true to yourself. Make sure you are working toward something that is valuable to you and not trying to please someone else.
5. Surround yourself with people with similar interests. You can help each other on your journey, offer encouragement, and share advice from actual experience.
6. Get rid of the negativity in your life.  If someone is bringing you down, it’s time to take a long hard look at that relationship.  A true friend will be supportive.

7. Do something that empowers you. When I ran my first half marathon, it really did change my life.  I felt more empowered than ever.

8. Don’t be afraid to step out of the box. You never know what lies on the outside of our realm of thinking.
9. Stay positive. Believe in yourself.
10. Wait for what you want. “The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now.” (Zig Ziglar.) Don’t settle on a lesser goal because you feel like you can not accomplish what you truly want out of life.

11. Take a step back. Remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.

12. Realize that life doesn’t always follow the road map we create. Embrace the detours and bumps in the road; they will help create your unique and fabulous life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment